If you’re sensitive to dairy and/or gluten, it’s darn near impossible to find a healthy, low sugar protein bar without a million additives and so-called “natural” ingredients you can’t pronounce.
But this dairy free protein bar meets all those criteria and more.
First, let’s talk about what’s not in it. These DIY protein bars are free of:
- Dairy and animal milk ingredients
- Added sugar
- Junk ingredients and additives like “flavors“, gums, and other fillers
Each bar is just over 250 calories, with 10 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, and just 3 grams of sugar.
Try this low sugar, high fiber treat that’s perfect for people of all ages (including kids … my toddler definitely approves)!
Healthy Dairy Free Protein Bars
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup cashew or almond butter
- 1/2 cup cashew or almond milk
- 5 dried dates
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar (we used Alter Eco Blackout Chocolate)
- 2 T coconut oil
- 6 scoops all-natural plant-based protein powder (like Pure Food Raw Cacao)
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate bar and coconut oil in a food processor. Process until mixed thoroughly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a small sauce pan.
- Spread batter on a parchment lined baking sheet or pan.
- Top with chocolate/coconut and freeze for several hours before serving.
Nutrition (Per Bar)
*Note: This Recipe Makes ~10 Dairy Free Protein Bars
15 g fat
10 g protein
22 g carbs (5 g fiber, 3 g sugar)