If you’re looking for a sweet fix that’s actually good for you, you’re definitely going to want to try my chocolate protein pudding recipe.
Not only is this one of the best tasting recipes I’ve ever created with Pure Food Raw Cacao Protein Powder, it’s quite the healthy dessert.
Check out this impressive stat line:
- 100% organic, real food ingredients
- No dairy, gluten, corn, or soy
- No added sugar
- 12 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, and just 5 grams of sugar (from dates) per serving
Few things to note about this protein pudding:
- Use a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or a food processor for best results.
- To lower the sugar content even more, cut back on the amount of dates you use.
- You can substitute figs or raisins for the dates.
Pure Food Chocolate Protein Pudding Recipe
- 2 scoops Pure Food Raw Cacao protein powder
- 1 cup cooked organic steel cut oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup organic dried dates (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 T hemp seeds (I like Manitoba Harvest)
- Shredded sugar-free coconut (optional topping)
How to Make It:
- Put the pecans and warm water in a food processor or high-powered blender and grind for about 30 seconds.
- Add the dates and continue to blend for another minute or so.
- Add the date/pecan/water mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients (reserve 1 T of hemp seeds to top the protein pudding with).
- Stir together all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until you don’t see any more dry powder.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving (preferably overnight if you can make it that long).
- Top with remaining hemp seeds and enjoy.
Protein Pudding Nutrition Facts (per serving … this recipes makes about 6 servings):
- 245 calories
- 11 g fat
- 25 g carbs (5 g fiber, 5 g sugar)
- 12 g protein
Here’s the final product: