Creating this no-bake chocolate protein balls recipe (that will please both vegan and paleo palettes, by the way) stirred up some hilarious mental images of the classic SNL Schweddy Balls skit.
All jokes aside, these protein balls are made for clean eaters. They contain 100% real food ingredients, no added sugar, and are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly.
Best of all, there’s no baking required. You just mix all the ingredients together, roll the dough into balls, and refrigerate it.
My Schweddy balls (sorry, couldn’t resist) are a guilt-free dessert too. One ball will only set you back 122 calories, while delivering a healthy balance of carbs, good fats, and protein.
No Bake Chocolate Protein Balls Recipe (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free)
What’s In ‘Em:
- 3 scoops Pure Food Raw Cacao protein powder
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup organic dried dates (chopped into small pieces)
- 1.5 cups organic coconut cream + 1/4 cup water (or .5 cups organic coconut milk powder and 3/4 cup warm water)
- 1 oz. organic dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao … here’s a good list of bars if you’re dairy free)
- 2 T slivered almonds
How to Make ‘Em:
- Put the dates in a food processor and turn on for about a minute.
- Add pecans and pulse 8-10 times.
- Stir in the almond flour, protein powder, and coconut milk powder. Turn on food processor for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to chop up dark chocolate into fine shavings and combine with slivered almonds in a bowl.
- Roll the dough from the food processor into balls. Roll each chocolate protein ball in the bowl of slivered almonds/dark chocolate shavings.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread your protein balls into 5 rows of 3 (or however many you want).
- Refrigerate overnight. They’ll be ready to eat the next day. They should keep in a tupperware in the fridge for about a week.
Nutrition Facts (per ball … this recipes makes 15 balls):
- 122 calories
- 9 g fat
- 9 g carbs (2 g fiber, 5 g sugar)
- 5 g protein
Here’s the final product:
These chocolate protein balls would be a hit at any holiday party (and gives you a funny ice-breaker starter because someone is sure to mention the Schweddy balls skit). Or just make them as a healthy snack like I did. Either way, you’ll be happy you tried this awesome recipe.
See more recipes like this every day when you follow me on Instagram:
Instagram did not return a 200.