If you’re looking to supercharge your workouts and build muscle, then you should consider upping your protein intake with plant based protein powders. Plant-based options today are becoming more and more popular for helping people achieve their nutritional goals. But what exactly are the types of plant protein powders available? And what are the specific benefits that come with choosing plant-based protein powder? Read on to learn more about these powders and why protein powders from Pure Food Company might be the right choice for you.
Types of Plant Protein Powders
Plant protein powders are the perfect way to supplement your diet and help reach your desired daily intake of protein. With so many varieties of plant protein powders out there, it can be hard to know which is best for you.
There are several different high-quality types of plant protein:
- Pea protein powder is high in iron and arginine, making it a great choice for those looking to increase muscle mass.
- Hemp protein powder is loaded with essential fatty acids and fiber, perfect for vegans and vegetarians.
- Brown rice protein powder is an excellent source of vegan protein and is ideal for people with allergies or sensitive digestive systems.
- Sacha Inchi protein is vegan-friendly and contains essential minerals and vitamins that many athletes need for optimal performance.
- Amaranth protein is best suited for athletes looking to increase their energy levels and endurance
- Quinoa protein offers a complete source of protein and provides the body with essential fatty acids
- Pumpkin seeds have an impressive nutrient profile that benefits many aspects of your health and can be a rich source of protein, unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.
No matter what type of plant protein powder you choose, make sure to read the ingredients list to ensure it suits your dietary needs
The Benefits of Plant-Based Protein Powders
There are plenty of benefits to enjoying protein powders, plant-based ones in particular. Here are the top four major benefits that come with choosing plant-based powders over the others, and what that means for your health and your lifestyle.
1. A great source of nutrients. For example, pea protein is just as effective as red meat for getting iron, so you don’t need to rely on animal protein to get it.
2. Plant-based proteins have naturally-occurring dietary fiber: unlike many animal-sourced proteins, plant-based proteins tend to be higher in fiber, which is a key nutrient for digestion and overall health and helps you feel fuller for much longer.
3. Same protein with less calories: overall, plant-based proteins have fewer calories than, and the same amount of protein as, animal-based protein sources, which gives you greater control over your caloric intake.
4. Less bloating: many protein powders (whey and casein) contain lactose, a milk-based protein which leads to bloating and a gassy feeling for the 2/3 of people who are lactose intolerant. Plant-based proteins avoid this so that you can feel healthier and get the protein you need.
Protein Powders that Meet Your Body’s Needs
Besides the distinct advantages of plant-based protein powders, they also have another important advantage: they are friendlier to more dietary needs and sensitive bodies. As many people discover that some foods don’t sit well with them, more are on the hunt for products that help them feel great while meeting their nutritional needs.
This is one of the reasons why many people turn to plant-based protein powders. Plant-based powders that use all-natural ingredients are easier to digest and easier on our bodies in general, meaning that you can enjoy them without worrying about symptoms that could impact your lifestyle.
Want Effective Protein Powders? Plant-based is the Way to Go
If you’re looking to boost your protein intake with protein powders, plant-based options from Pure Food Company can help you get the nutrition you need to feel healthier and supercharge your workouts.
Our protein powders are made with all-natural ingredients, and our plant-based recipes are designed to fit most dietary needs. No matter your goals—weight loss, muscle gain, better gut health, more energy—our protein powders can help. Be sure to browse our selection to find the products that suit your goals and your tastes.